Sunday 19 June 2011

An overview.

As an avid Sheffield United fan (not for many years mind) I have taken a keen interest in the club and all the going on's within it. For a club that was once such an established and lucrative club, its sad now to see the club sitting in the third tier of English Football.
I love football, and I really think it has an amazing allure about it and its something that I am sure I wont ever get bored off. Sheffield United football club at the time when I was born was looking forward to going forward to the first ever season in the newly formed Premier League. But that was a long time ago, and the Premier League isn't something that should be on any Blades fans minds right now, however it is always going to be there, and something that all fans everywhere dream off.
Today is June 19th '11. Looking over various articles on the internet the club is going to take Billy Clarke on trail, well that what I can gather, and after a quick look about who he is, it doesn't disappoint me because were in League 1 and have to be realistic in the calibre of player that we can attract to the football club. He is not a bad player, currently at Blackpool and only 23 so he has some potential. But the real point here is that if we had looked at Billy Clarke this time last season I would have been bitterly disappointed because we could have brought in a better type of player, but we cant so if he does sign then he will just have to do.
The club is in a sorry state of affairs at the moment in my opionion but with the right backing will hopefully get back to its former glory of a Premier League team. I have been lucky in a sense that I have had a chance to experience the Premier League and all that it has to offer. Its something I can only wish about for now so were just going to have to wait and see what happens.
I will be posting in the near future regarding any transfers that the club make or any changes and the pre season matches that are to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment