Sunday 3 July 2011

Matt Duke

Looks like United may be signing Matt Duke from Hull. At first sight this does not seem to be a very ambitious signing if it does come true. However I would urge those who think this to see at as a stepping-stone signing. He is 33 years old so, he has probably in his prime, but I'm not sure how much he has played in recent years as Hull have had some half decent keepers on their books. But for me the main selling point would be that it would hopefully mean Simonsen would not be keeper next year.. Now for me if he was still in the net, it would be concerning, as I don't think he is a great keeper at all. He made many silly mistakes last year, so to get him out of the net would be massive step in the right direction. Matt Duke may be the man to take his place and he has experience so I don't really think its going to be a bad signing. BUT at the club there is also the Estonian lad, who for me NEEDS to be tried, I mean what's the point of having an international keeper if you're just going to send him on loan to a non-league team. He may turn out to be a really top keeper and be a key stone in United attempt at getting straight back up.
So for now, it looks like Duke is coming and I for one open him with welcome arms, and I hope this means SS will be leaving for pastures new!

No comments:

Post a Comment